Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Motivational Running

I didn't think I had it in me this morning to get up and run, but I did.

What motivated me as I lay there in my bed? Well, I saw this on my phone (one of my facebook friends posted it)

I like that a lot... especially because I know I've been super busy lately. Just goes to show I have no excuse!

And, I started thinking back to how much weight I lost last year, how far I had come in my running and how I don't want to stop my training. All of those thoughts gave me the strength to pull my lazy butt out of bed and strap on my running shoes. I felt groggy and sluggish but I made myself run anyway. Instead of doing a longer distance, I opted to do a speed run- shorter distance, shorter time, still a great workout. I opted to run half a mile from my house and back again at a "faster than race pace". The first half mile wasn't bad because most of it was downhill. Coming back was not as much fun- the two hills I had run down, I now needed to go back up them. (Go figure, right?)

Remember before when I used to be scared of running up hills? It was not my thing- at all. Today, I tackled both hills (mind you, still at a faster than normal pace) and I didn't stop running even after I made it to the top of both of them. I'm actually feeling kind of proud of me for that. Yes, I did have to slow my pace some in order to make it up the hills, but the point of the matter is I MADE IT UP THE HILLS WITHOUT STOPPING. HOORAY!! I am currently celebrating with a greek yogurt, a scoop of peanut butter, and some glutten free granola- YUMMM!

My plan is to do a tempo run tomorrow (if my legs cooperate). I am hoping for 3 miles, if not a little more than that. I mean, I have a couple of parties with my man coming up and I want to look good. Here's hoping I can keep the motivation going, right?... Little Black Dress, Little Black Dress, Little Black Dress.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Great job on that run - I think I commented on your DM - way to go - hills suck! SUCK I say! So awesome you dug deep and did it!

Peanut butter in your greek yogurt - OMG what an awesome idea!

Hope your schedule settles down a little and you get more awesome runs in!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting that picture. I've "pinned" it as a reminder to myself. Congrats on your run!

Lauren said...

I just came across your blog and started following your posts!

I've seen that picture on Pinterest and it's definitely awesome motivation! I so often cite busyness as my "reason" for not working out, when it's really nothing more than an excuse. Reminds me of the quote, "If something is important to you, you'll find a way. If it isn't, you'll find an excuse."

I recently started a weight-loss blog, so feel free to check it out! The URL is laurengetslittler.blogspot.com