Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Hippity Hoppity

Who got her new medal in the mail yesterday?


THIS KID!!

Yay! I love shiny things! Mucho thanks to Amy @Pumpkin to Princess for a fun virtual 5k and some snazzy bling to go with it.

I hope everyone had a good Easter (if you celebrate it). We had a big family gathering at my parent's house. I got to hang out with my niece and help her do the egg hunt (she found them all on her own- I swear!), and enjoy a TON of homecooked goodness. We had ham, lasagna, bbq kielbasa, kielbasa and sauerkraut, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, corn, mac and cheese, and rolls. I was pretty good and gave myself small portions (I only did one helping of everything as well). For dessert I made a banana bundt cake with white chocolate drizzle. It was a low cal, low fat cake recipe (no oil or eggs)- it came out super yummy!

Anywho, the day before Easter I did a 2 mile run in 27 minutes. Not too bad. I'm just struggling with trying to hold that pace for longer than 2 miles. Just going to have to push through it, I suppose. Any tips or ideas?

Oh! I also found a website where the writer is doing an 11 week Bikini Body Bootcamp. I actually found it on Pinterest and ended up really liking her blog. I decided I am going to join in and put myself on this 11 week Bikini Body Bootcamp starting this weekend.  On top of the workouts I do throughout the week, I am going to toss this in as an additional circuit training. So, I hope y'all get excited and look forward to my Bikini Body Bootcamp updates. I will fill you in on what I did, which ones I felt worked me hard, which seemed easy slightly less challenging, so on and so forth. Also, if anyone wants to join in with me, please leave a comment and let me know! Maybe we can help each other push through and get all 11 weeks done! Who's with me!?

7 comments:

Suz and Allan said...

Always exciting to get a medal in the mail! The Bikini Boot Camp Challenge sounds like fun. I'll have to follow the link and check it out.

Taryn said...

Love the medal! Way to go!!!

Rose (Hacker Half Marathon) said...

Great idea! I'd love to do the Bikini Boot Camp Challenge too :)

Lisa said...

Cool medal - I'm jealous - shiny bling - always a good day!

Good luck with your bikini boot camp challenge - I know you'll do GREAT!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the shout out! You will do great with the booty challenge. I cant wait to read all about it.

If anyone is interested, I still have a few medals left! You can register and run any time in April. Proceeds benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society!

http://runlikeafool5k.bbnow.org/donate.php

Stephanie Anne said...

Have fun with your bikini bootcamP!

The Chubby Runner said...

Hey, we run about the same pace! I'm working on improving mine, too. In Slow, Fat Triathlete, the author recommends coming up with a mantra to repeat to yourself when you are running to keep yourself going. She acknowledges the corniness of it, and I thought it was pretty dorky myself, but it has worked for me when I remember to use it. I'm also trying to integrate some fartlek speed intervals in my runs. My already-running friends SWEAR that they will help improve my pace over-all, and I am trusting them. Right now, my problem is that I like to listen to talk radio while I run and I start focusing on the discussion too much and forget to do my fartleks all together. Oh well. I'm sure I'll get there.