Monday, June 10, 2013

Strength Training

Today started my new 2 week training plan from Coach Kurt. 

(Maybe one day I will have big arm muscles too!)


Previously, I had been doing 5 exercises: chest press, shoulder press, row, bicep curl, and tricep extension. I did 2 sets of 20 reps each on a 1-1-4 count (push/pull for 1, hold 1, bring back for 4). The first week I spent most of my time messing with different weights to see what was too easy and what was painful. The second week I worked more on making sure my breathing matched my motions. I never realized how quiet and focused one could get while doing strength machines. It's like the whole gym turned into a giant white noise and I was left with only myself and my thoughts. The same thing happens when I run. I love it!

For the next two weeks, I will be doing all of the same machines, but I will be doing 3 sets of 15 repetitions (still on the 1-1-4 count). I also have to add in 3 planks, each a minute long (or however close I can get to a minute). After work today, I hit the gym and did all of my required strength machines and then decided to do 45 minutes on the ARC trainer. That machine kicks my butt! The last time I sweat that much, I was running the Princess Half in glorious Florida humidity! Sometimes, however, nothing feels better than a good sweat fest! It definitely helped me relieve some of my built up stress over the past few days.

Not too much else has been going on lately. I work, I go to the gym- in between those I find time to eat, sleep, plan a wedding, apply for graduate school, and spend time with friends and family. I wish they offered a master's degree in multi-tasking because I am a pro at that already. Woot!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These blog posts will be showing on Boxes tab of your recent blog post.
Hence, a typical blogger is at good ease generating uncomplicated adjustments by way
of a control panel, obtaining a uncomplicated interface, as an alternative of messing with the actual Word - Press programming.

This will backup the My - SQL Wordpress database, which can be restored using php - My -
Admin.

Also visit my website :: WP Social Press

Heather said...

Sometimes there is nothing better than a really tough workout that makes you sweat! I have learned some great advices on how to get prepared to the hardest trainings from this blog: http://bit.ly/Qh9G8S. Beside other things, they provide awesome info about DOMS relief. Now I can easily go through 2 or even 3 consecutive training classes in the gym. Because of increased endurance I never more feel exhausted after my workouts. And the best part: my pounds go off easily and my shape is better than ever before!