This vow spurred a whole new slew of thoughts that actually made a lightbulb go off in my head. Have you ever seen the movie Bucket List with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman? It's about two terminally ill men who make a list of things they want to do before they "kick the bucket". I soon came to realize that running in a race is an achievable goal for me but is something I have never really put the time or effort into trying to do. And I said to myself, "Self, you're never too young to make a bucket list of your own and start crossing stuff off, right? So why not have at it?"
I've officially made my own bucket list- things I want to do before I die, things that I only dreamed I could accomplish, things that will make me happy and proud of myself. It's not necessarily a long list, but it's meaningful, and I can always add more if I want to do so.
Here it is:
- Run a race of some kind. Whether it is a marathon, part of a triathlon or any version thereof, I want to run, and most importantly, FINISH a race.
- Travel to Italy to meet my family over there.
- Go on a cruise.
- Live/work in the Maldives.
- Audition for a Broadway show. I don't care if I get cast or not, but one day I will say that I auditioned for Broadway!
- Help a complete stranger. Something more than holding the door though.
- Learn to speak Spanish and Italian.
- Capture the perfect shot (photo).
- Go shopping on Rodeo Drive.
- Take a cake decorating class.
- Work in a bakery - most specifically on cupcakes.