Tuesday, January 25, 2011

And I'm Feeling Good

Chelsea called me today and asked if I wanted to run the Cupid's 5k with her on Feb. 12th.
Although my lungs are not up to 100%, I have decided I am going to run with her anyway. Now that I can run a mile straight, I'm hoping my time will drop by at least 1-2 minutes. So, my goal between now and Feb. 12th is to work myself up to being able to run at least 1.5 miles without stopping. However, I am going to have to bite the bullet and start running outside soon. Which means I'm going to have to find somewhere to run because my nearby streets are not safe with all of the snow piled up. Maybe I will just go running over at Chelsea's haha. She has the perfect running near her apartment, lucky gal.

However, I went to the gym this evening and ran another 1.5 miles. Then I figured, while I was there, I might a well do a bit more cardio (especially since I downloaded the best of Ace of Base to my ipod and it was pumping me up) so I did the elliptical for 20 minutes. After that, I was still pumped from my music, so I got back on the treadmill and ran another mile. Woot! All in all, I kicked my own butt, but I liked it.Kurt would be proud because I definitely pushed my limits tonight, especially doing two different machines.

So, here are today's numbers-


Food:

Blueberry Pie Light Yogurt- 110 calories
Two pieces of whole wheat toast with 1.5 teaspoons of peanut butter- 541 calories
3 hunks of honeydew melon- 60 calories
Hummus with carrots and broccoli- about 270 calories
Deli style BBQ chicken and Buffalo chicken with light mayo and american cheese on whole wheat bread- around 546 calories

Grand Total: 1527 calories


Exercise
:

Ran 1.5 miles in 22 minutes- 175 calories
20 Minutes on the elliptical- 100 calories
Ran another 1 mile in 16 minutes- 127 calories

Grand Total: 402 calories burned!

My calories eaten were a little high today, but I knew I was going to be running at least 1.5miles and that the calories burned would balance it out (hence why in the morning I fueled up with wheat toast and peanut butter). The extra calories I burned are quite lovely though. In fact, they allow me to have a small snack tonight if I so choose. Hot diggity dang!

No comments: