Monday, March 7, 2011

Endurance.....ENDURANCE (to the tune of Tradition from Fiddler on the Roof)

I have to say I'm impressed. I'm impressed with myself. Normally I don't like to toot my own horn, but lately my running has been getting SO much better! Yesterday was my run in the rain where I felt like I could have run forever. And today's run, even though it was on the treadmill, was awesome as well.

I had to run 35 minutes today. When I woke up, I had an odd urge to treat my room to a massive spring cleaning- so I did. I spent a few hours before work cleaning out my closet, dusting, vacuuming, and trading out my winter clothes for spring ones (a girl can hope can't she?!). After my room was neat, tidy and spotless, I headed out to work.

Work was rather entertaining. Today's afternoon program with the girls involved using Fitness Dice. Yep, it's exactly how it sounds.

Two large, rubbery, multi-sided dice- one has photos of different exercises and one has random numbers. You roll the dice and whatever exercise it lands is what everyone has to do, and whatever number it lands on is how many reps of the specific exercise. It was a lot of fun! Even the girls thought so haha. We ended up doing oush-ups, sit-ups, arm circles, and crab legs (this one was interesting).

After work I had rehearsal for my chorale which went to 9:30. One of my friends in Chorale is planning on running in the October 15th race as well, so we made plans to run together this Saturday. It's nice to run with a partner sometimes. When rehearsal was over, I high-tailed it to the gym to run for my 35 minutes. I'm proud that I managed to run for 23 minutes straight, which took to me 1.5 miles. Then I walked for 4 minutes and ran the remaining 8 minutes. FRIGGIN SWEET! My total miles run was 2.6 after 35 minutes. That's probably the best I've ever run. (And I know I've said that a lot lately, but it's true.)

In other news, I have decided that I'm going to do the ING Half-Marathon in honor of my mother. I have made a donations page HERE. All money raised will go to the National Stroke Association in her honor. (Details of the story are on the page, so please check it out). There is also a link on the right side of my blog- aptly labeled "Donation Page".

No comments: