So much has been going on lately, I feel like an awful blogger.
I haven't had a chance to update as much as I would like.
Anyway, as you may or may not know, I recently started rehearsals for a new show. Yay! However, in this show, we have to tap dance. Boo! I have never tap danced before and so didn't have any tap shoes. One of my cast mates lent me a pair to use for rehearsal the other night (since mine were still being shipped to my house). It was very sweet of her, only problem was they were a bit too small. Needless to say, dancing in them for a few hours was not the smartest idea and I somehow managed to hurt my ankle. I woke up the next day and could barely walk on my right foot. It was even worse trying to go up and down the stairs. I iced it, put heat on it, wrapped it and elevated it. I also did some band exercises to strengthen the muscles a bit. It took 3 days but it's finally feeling a bit better. The only trouble I have is going down the stairs still. I'm just frustrated because I was all intent on doing my 10 mile run yesterday and it didn't happen. Luckily, I have most of my week days free this week so I can get in a ton of runs. YAY! Silver lining wins again.
Another fun thing I did was make a new eggplant recipe with my mom last night. It's a sort of stuffed eggplant parm. My mom got the recipe from WeightWatchers and we decided to try it out.
Doesn't it look so yummy?!
It is supposed to be a sauceless meal (for those of us who can't eat tomatoes) but both my parents put sauce on theirs anyway and said it tasted just fine. If you want the recipe, feel free to email me for it. I'd be happy to share! (my email can be found in the sidebar of my blog page <-----)
And now, I've been nominated by Meg O @Watch Me Go Run for the Butterfly Blogger Award !
So now I get to answer some more questions and you can get to know me a little bit better :)
1. Favorite Color: As if most of you don't know already, my favorite color is PINK!! I used to actually hate the color but it grew on me and now I can't get enough. Currently I am sporting neon pink painted toes, pink glittery fingernails, a pink watch, 2 pink bracelets, a pink purse and pink sunglasses.
2. Favorite Song: That's a tough one, I have a bunch of favorite songs. But, to narrow it down, I'd have to go with Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen. Every time I hear it, I can't help but sing a long! And I ALWAYS do the Wayne's World head bang with it! However, I will admit, Bohemian Rhapsody is not a good karaoke choice.
3. Favorite Dessert: Hmmm. I'm not generally into sweets but I do love key lime pie. Even better? Key Lime Pie ice cream. YUMMM.
4. What Wizzes You Off? Wizzes me off? Not sure what that means, but I guess it is asking what makes me angry. People who treat other people unfairly and people who mess with my friends and family. Those are my biggest pet peeves.
5.When You're Upset You: Usually listen to angry music and sing at the top of my lungs. It helps me release the tension. If that doesn't help, I usually will go to the gym.
6. You're Favorite Pet: Dogs are my all-time favorite pets. Especially my adorable dog Princess. She is a 13 year old, black and white shih-tzu. She is not a fan of the camera though so I don't have any photos.
7. Black or White: Like MJ once said, "It don't matter if you're black or white..."
8. Biggest Fear: Being a disappointment to my friends and family.
9. Everyday Attitude: Usually I'm pretty cheery and silly. Which is SO much better than the Negative Nancy I used to be.
10. What is Perfection? I think that perfection is contentment- and it's different for eveyone. When you can just sit back and be happy/content with yourself and everything that you are doing, that is when you have found your own perfection.
11. Guilty Pleasure: I love shopping. I'm quite a shop-a-holic. I especially buy tons of body care items (lotions, shower stuff, shampoo, make up), nail polish, scarves, purses, etc etc. I have a bad habit of sometimes spending money I definitely do not have. Oy.
Ok, so there you go!. Now, I get to tag some people:
Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner
Amy @ Pumpkin to Princess
Kurt @ Becoming an Ironman