Saturday, October 2, 2010

Absent

Ok, I know I've been rather absent from my blog recently, but I've been keeping myself busy.
Anyhow, it's been about a month and a half since I started my blog and I can honestly report that I'm feeling much better about almost everything. I find myself not obsessing over if I'm getting text messages or responses to facebook. I enjoy spending time with myself and I've really come to like running. I really like getting into a stride on the treadmill and just losing myself in the music.

I do have to step up my gym routine though, so I made a fitness binder. I put in a lot of magazine articles with tips, recipes, and routines in the binder as an easy/quick reference guide. I'm going to try and do a different thing every day. I also got the Shake Weight (insert your laughter here) but I like it. It feels weird at first but I'm eager to see what results will come from it.

Tomorrow I'm helping a friend move so I will get in some weight lifting and cardio- but I also have a running session to complete as well. Woot! I've been very motivated by how my clothes are not fitting me anymore. They're all getting big on me and I love it! The best motivation is seeing and feeling results. Same goes with my loneliness- even when I do feel lonely, I don't mind it as much as I used to. That feels great as well.

And now, a fun quote from a great book:

"Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it. You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestations of your own blessings. And once you have achieved a state of happiness, you must never become lax about maintaining it. You must make a mighty effort to keep swimming upward into that happiness forever, to stay afloat on top of it."

1 comment:

Gorilla Bananas said...

Very true. I work so hard at being happy that it exhausts me. But that's OK because I enjoy sleeping too.