Friday, November 12, 2010

Almost the End... or Is It?

So, my 90 days to myself is up come midnight today, the 12th. I can't believe time went by so quickly! It's been an interesting three months to say the least- I feel I have accomplished a lot. I've gotten another job, landed another role, started training for a 5k, had plenty of "me" nights where I pampered myself.... all kinds of fun things that I never used to have time for. I'm happy with myself, not just because of the things I've accomplished, but just because I'm happy. However, despite my contentment, there is still a part of me that is nervous. I mean, I'm worried that now that my "me" time is over and I'm back on the "available" list- what's going to happen when I meet someone I really like and want to be with? Will I fall back into my old patterns? Or do I have the strength to keep myself on this path of having time for myself, doing things for myself, and not losing myself in someone else?

I suppose I just have to trust in the fact that I did this experiment for 90 days, on my own, and I can do it again if I need to. I need to remember that I'm awesome and I don't need to prove that to anyone other than myself. When I do get into another relationship, I can have "me" time, as well as "us" time.

Although... being perpetually single isn't such a bad idea either. It seems like so many people these days find it funny and/or socially acceptable to cheat on their significant others. I don't see the point behind that. If you want to sleep with numerous people, just stay single. Is it really worth it in the end? I guess I just don't understand how cheating has become such a socially accepted norm... to the point where people find it funny to see how they can pull one over on their mates.

Let me clarify though, I'm not condemning people for it. I don't appreciate it myself and therefore will not do it... but people are in charge of their own lives, so to each their own. I'm simply stating that I do not follow the reasoning behind cheating. To me, it's like looking at a quantum physics formula... I've no idea what the hell is going on.

No comments: