Monday, December 6, 2010

Expansion and A Slightly New Outlook

I've been crazy busy lately (what else is really new?), but in between work, rehearsals and sleeping, I've managed to squeeze a bit of contemplation about a few things. I've been SO happy lately. Let me explain: not only do I love the new place I'm working at, and the show I'm rehearsing and all of the people involved in it- BUT! I'm also just more content in general. I've found myself more into the holiday season than I have been since I was 8 years old. The family gatherings, the festive lights and music, the overall message the holidays bring just makes me smile! I used to be one of those people who could watch a heart-touching, holiday movie and not shed a tear. Now I find I have to keep a box of tissues around me whenever I turn on the television! And I'm not crying out of jealousy or sadness... just tears of connection and happiness. It may sound extremely odd, but it's the truth. I'm just THAT happy with myself and life right now. My 90 days of Being By Myself was such a success that I've decided to do a couple of things:

1. continue with my blog and my "being alone" as I had originally planned.
2. expand my blog to encompass not only keeping myself happy, but also keeping myself healthy.

I've decided to incorporate fitness and nutrition into my blog. My goal is to update daily, which is going to be a challenge with my busy schedule, but I figure if I can record my daily fitness and nutritional feats, I can continue to provide myself with mucho motivation.

I have new goals for the continuation of my blog as well. In regards to my "Being Healthy" status, I want to be a size 16 come the end of January and a size 14 come the end of March. I'm relatively close to a 16 already, and with the running, and now dancing, that I've been doing, I see these as very realistic goals.

Also know that I plan on posting motivational things, healthy recipes, fitness routines, things I've accomplished, etc. It's a no-holds-barred blog now :)