Tuesday, December 7, 2010

And They're Off!

Alright folks, as promised, here is the daily update for Dec. 6th. :)

Today was kind of a slow day. I woke up and it was snowing out, which was pretty exciting. I decided to go out and run a few errands, so I did some shopping for about an hour. Then, I had rehearsal for Chicago. I'd say I danced for about 2 hours (there were some parts where I wasn't dancing because it was a men's only song, etc, etc.).

After rehearsal tonight, I went to the gym and ran for 40min. I managed to do 2.5 miles, which isn't half bad considering I haven't run in 2 weeks.

To tally everything up, calorie wise, I burned:

Walking for 60min = 200 calories
Dancing for 120min = 1208 calories
Running 15min/mile for 40min = 240 calories

A grand total of (insert drum roll here): 1648 calories burned!!!

Today I ate a half serving of lobster ravioli, a roast beef sandwich on whole wheat bread, and a half serving of pollo a la crema. Not a very healthy day food wise, but it happens. That just means I will have to be more careful over the next few weeks.

Lobster Ravioli is about 600 calories, but a half serving is around 300 calories.
Pollo a la Crema is about 400 calories, but I only ate half which is 200 calories.
A roast beef sandwich on whole wheat runs about 310 calories.
I had 2 glasses of 1% milk, so that adds 220 calories.
And 7 glasses of water, which is 0 calories. (YAY!)
My grand total for today is : close to 1030 calories.

Although I ate some high calorie foods, I didn't eat the entire portions (thankfully) otherwise, I would have been WAY over my 1400 calories a day. As it is, I'm actually pretty under my calories, which also isn't good. I need to work on balancing out my calories so that I'm eating the right amount my body needs in order to keep my metabolism from slowing down. I also need to eat fewer carbs and more protein rich foods (plus fruits and veggies, which were severely lacking from today's menu).

It looks like I burned off more calories than I consumed today. Interesting.

1 comment:

Kurt @ Becoming An Ironman said...

I'm very happy to see yet another health/fitness blog!! Yay. I do have to agree on needing to balance the calories. 1030 Calories is pretty low even for extreme diets.

PS, Fruits and veggies are awesome! Low or no calories and they make great snacks. They're still a problem area for me, but I'm slowly working them in.