Thursday, August 4, 2011

And I'm Back!

Aren't you excited?! 
I am!

I missed you all SO much! Let's never be apart like that again, okay?

I am finally home from dog sitting. I miss Ella (the dog) but I know she's excited that her dad is back home. I was able to go to the gym twice this week since I've been home. That's right- TWICE! Homegirl doesn't play. I went last night (after a very relaxing and much needed surprise pedicure- my toes are NEON PINK!!) and I did the 30minute cross training routine. Then, I went today and did a short 1.2 mile run, just to get myself back into the swing of things. My body still feels tired from being on the go for so long, but I'm glad to be getting myself back on track.

I am concerned because I start rehearsals for a new show on Monday and that is going to take up my evenings for the next 6 weeks. I don't want to fall off track again because it's almost half marathon time!! So, I've devised a plan to keep myself in line. Now, for anyone who knows me (or possibly has read some of my earlier blogs), you will know I am NOT a morning person. Not even close. Considering most of the time I don't have to be at work till 11am or later, I can usually sleep in pretty late. Well, over the summer I have been weening myself into getting up earlier and earlier. I don't like that feeling of knowing that I slept so late I wasted my day away. It makes me feel like I've accomplished nothing- no matter what I might get done the rest of the day. So, I slowly started setting my alarm for earlier times. At first, I would get up at 10, then 9:45, then 9:30. Now, I can usually get myself up by 8:45 or 9 am. For me, that's a huge deal! My intent is to start getting myself up at 7:30 or 8 (depending upon what time I have to be at work, etc) so I can go to the gym or hit the pavement first thing in the morning. I have high hopes that I can do this!! I feel better having a plan of sorts in place for the upcoming chaos.

Also, on a side note, I went to Borders for their Going Out of Business Sale. I was armed with a $25 gift card and managed to snag 2 fitness books, a pleasure read and a book for my niece. I am very excited about the fitness books. One is all about Core strengthening and different core exercises, the other is a running book called "Run For Life". It seemed interesting. I also still have Kara Goucher's book to get through as well (plus 4 additional pleasure reads- oy). I am going to start Kara's book within the next week. And I'm going to do the core book everyday until the half marathon. My plan is to read the book within the next few days and then do 5-8 of the moves every morning. Good plan, yes? It's my own version of the 30 day Ab Challenge.... only, I've got more than 30 days. HA. Eventually I will get to my pleasure reads (I read pretty fast actually).

Ok... enough of my rambling. Have a good night everyone!!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

You know how I feel about neon pink, girl - woot woot with the pink toesies!

run/work/life balance is THE hardest part of half mary training. I was surprised while training for my first half just how long it took - had NO idea that it was going to take so long. I'm sure you'll figure it out and still be fabulous at all parts of your life while doing it too.

By the way, we missed you too - glad you're back :) !

Have a great weekend!

Marina said...

Welcome back.. Really nice blog you have here.. I am going to read some older posts now :)