Not to brag or anything, but lately I've been feeling pretty awesome about myself.
"But this doesn't seem to really be a new development for her," you might be saying to yourself. Believe me. It kinda is. I've always had, what is clinically called, shitty self-image. I can be the most positive person on the planet, unless I'm talking about myself and/or my abilities. Then I become an evil green-faced, fanged monster.
It's not pretty, to say the least.
Anyway, lately, even though I was in a sort of rut with my training, I've been feeling pretty darn swell about myself. And I decided to list the reasons why I feel so amazing. (In no particular order) I present:
Reasons You May Be Awesome-ness Personified
- People leave flattering comments on your blog/facebook/dailymile/via email and text telling you how you have inspired them to become more physically active.
- You're mom and dad/other relatives or friends are constantly bragging about all the exercising you are doing.
- People compliment that you look like you have lost "half a person or so".
- You had to buy another container to hold all of your workout clothes.
- You have to hold up your old workout pants and underwear while doing a short run on the treadmill because they are falling off from all the weight you have lost (that was me this morning.... not fun).
- Even though you possess only a fair amount of rhythm, you are still made dance captain in a show (ok, so maybe this one is just directed at me, whatev).
- The new shorts you JUST bought at Old Navy are now too big and fall down when you attempt to put anything in your pockets.
- You have the sweat glands of a 13 year old boy (and a soaked white t-shirt to prove it) and they kick in about 5 minutes into any form of physical activity.
- You no longer feel tired or sore after a 3 mile run (though you realize you are going to have to push yourself more).
- You put on a pair of leggings for dance rehearsal and they're now too big so you have to strategically roll them (true story!).
- You are no longer scared or self-conscious when perusing the fitness section of a bookstore.
- You willingly decide to do a 30 day ab challenge.
- You feel pretty ALL the time... even with no makeup while in your pjs and with your hair in some sort of crazy bun.
In other news, this morning I got up at 5:15 AM and met my friend T at the gym. (Can you believe it?! I was up before the sun!!) We each did about 40 minutes of cardio- I did a 2.5 mile run in 38:54 on the treadmill. Then, we did the 12 minute ab circuit room and some arm machines. It was a great workout and I'm pretty sure I will be feeling it throughout the rest of the day. I'm now getting ready to go to work and then tonight we celebrate my mommy's birthday! YAY!!